Last Updated on January 1, 2023
We may receive a commission on purchases made from the links below, but this will never affect our opinions or product choices. Click here to read our disclosure.
Jan 2018 Update: The #BestMattressEver is no longer available for sale. However, the mattress has now evolved into the new Brooklyn Signature, a review of which will follow on this site in the near future. In the meantime please visit their official website for more information.
Finding a mattress that can fit everyone’s needs is tricky. Many companies say their mattress will fit all types of sleepers, but we know that isn’t always true. Some people like theirs plush, and others like it firm.
I recently purchased a mattress that my husband loved, but it was just too soft for me. We tried another that I liked, but it was too firm for him. Tackling such scenarios, #TheBestMattressEver range by Brooklyn Bedding offers multiple selections, so we easily found a middle ground. On top of that, they’re far more affordable than some online counterparts. We’ve tried it ourselves and looked at other Brooklyn Bedding reviews to give you the information to make your own decision.
Brooklyn Bedding owns their factory, so can afford to charge much less for a better product. They’ve been in business since 1995, so it’s clear that their business plan works and customers keep coming back. Unlike many of the newer retailers, they have a track record of success behind their products.
Much like other top mattress brands have done in the recent past, Brooklyn Bedding changed their formula in 2018 to eliminate latex in favor of their Titanflex foam. Latex is not so popular anymore in the mattress industry, due to the increasing usage of the better-performing foams which are available and at lower costs.
The ideal purchaser for the #BestMattressEver is someone who is looking for affordable mattresses from a proven brand. If you already know what kind of firmness level you’re looking for, even better. One of the three options on offer will likely suit your needs. If, however, you are looking for a very firm mattress, or one that’s going to prioritize keeping you cool, then this mattress line might not be the best. You may have to pay a little more, but other options will better suit your needs.
Is This Mattress Right For You?
- Price: Brooklyn Bedding offers one of the most affordable mattresses on the market. Because they have their own factory, keeping costs low is easier.
- Multiple Firmness Levels: There are three firmness levels to choose from. Many other retailers (such as the Leesa Mattress) often have only one universal feel and claim that it will fit all sleeping styles.
- Established Company: Many online mattress companies have been around for fewer years, unlike the decades of expertise on offer here.
- Good Body Contour: The #BestMattressEver easily forms to your body, giving ample support where required, whilst providing softness in the hips and shoulders.
- Sinkage: Naturally, depending on how much you weigh, the softer mattress is going to sink in more than the firm option. Use the extensive in-home trial for finding the best balance.
- Warm: If you’re in an especially hot climate, or prone to getting too hot when asleep, the Brooklyn Bedding mattress isn’t the perfect choice. It’s fine for people who don’t sleep hot, but sweaty sleepers may want to look at another option.
- Edge Support: It isn’t the worst in the world, but other mattresses have provided better support when sitting on the bed edge.
Like with everything there will always be pros and cons, but finding a positive Brooklyn Bedding review won’t take long. You would have a harder time finding a negative review of their products. Some people complain that the #BestMattressEver sleeps rather warm, but there is hardly anything beyond that.
Some mattresses are only available in one level of firmness, which inevitably causes some users to be displeased. Since Brooklyn Bedding offers three levels of firmness, most of the feedback is positive. On top of that, there’s not much to complain about when it comes to the price. Even if the purchase was a bit underwhelming for whatever reason, the affordability makes up for it.
Features & Benefits
It’s hard to find the perfect all-around choice which ticks every box, however, there are several features of this model which set it apart from the competition. From our experience, and out of the Brooklyn Bedding reviews we’ve seen, below are the consistent points to raise about the company and their product. Hopefully, these will help in making your decision.
As with all mattress reviews it’s important to discuss what’s inside the particular product in question. Below we outline the materials and layout of the Brooklyn Bedding mattress range known as the #BestMattressEver:
2″ of TitanFlex™ Comfort – The topmost comfort layer that contours the shape of your body for comfort.
2″ of TitanFlex™ Support – The second is the support layer that contours the shape of your body for extra cradling and support.
6″ of High-Density Base Foam – Lastly is the long lasting durable high-density polyurethane foam core, built to resist sagging for any weight range.
While the mattress has some very good features itself, the most appealing selling point for us is how affordable they are. You can get a Queen sized mattress for around $750. That’s considerably cheaper when compared to most other top-rated mattresses. The reason for offering at knockdown prices, as stated above, is that Brooklyn Bedding owns their own factory. They can make their products and ship them directly to customers.
With most mattresses, you’ll be paying more because the company has a deal with their supplier. They aren’t the ones making the beds, so you’ll have to pay a premium for the company to turn a profit. Brooklyn Bedding can make a comparable – in some cases even better – product for a fraction of the price. “Cutting out the middle man,” isn’t just a gimmick; they really can save you a considerable amount of money by making mattresses themselves.
Choose Your Preference
Unlike the other companies who claim that their mattress is perfect for everyone, Brooklyn Bedding knows that different people have different needs. Men and women sleep differently, as do light and heavy people. Some people are back sleepers while others sleep on their side. All of this translates into needing different levels of firmness.
With Brooklyn bedding, you’re able to select from three different firmness levels. These are soft, medium, and firm, all of which support different styles of sleep. Medium is currently their best seller, which caters for side, back and stomach sleepers. If you’re experiencing back pain and need a firmer mattress, or perhaps you generally sleep on your stomach or back, simply opt for the firm selection. The same applies if you prefer a softer mattress, which is best for side and back sleepers.
One of the reasons people buy a foam mattress is because of the way it supports and contours the body. The #BestMattressEver is especially adept at forming to body shape and sleep style. When you put pressure on a particular part, like the chest or hips, the mattress will give and allow that part of the body to sink and cradle. At the same time, the rest of the mattress will give your legs and lower back support to help alignment of the spine. Each of the 3 options available for sale is seeking to provide the most comfortable sleeping experience, which it does very well for the varying firmness levels. There’s no universal option here, but Brooklyn Bedding embodies almost everything people look for in a foam mattress.
Elasticity and Bounce
Not many people stay in a stationary position when sleeping and tend to move around during the night. A big problem with traditional visco memory foam mattresses is that they’re often slow to respond to a moving body. This lack of movement can cause you to wake up in the middle of the night, uncomfortable. It also causes some people to have a hard time falling asleep in the first place.
Unlike many of the other foam mattresses, those on review here all provide significantly more reaction to movement. The firmer options are also a lot more bouncy than you may expect from a foam mattress, which may be something to do with the TitanFlex. Ultimately, all of this translates to a better night’s sleep for those using it. There are still some drawbacks to the foam used here, especially in the cooling department, but Brooklyn Bedding eliminates much of the problems some people experience in other foam mattresses.
This may not seem an important factor for many people, but there is an issue where not all mattress sizes are covered by certain companies. Thankfully, the #BestMattressEver range is available in all the common sizes (Twin, Full, Queen, King, Cali King) but also comes in the less common options (Twin XL, Full XL, Queen Short, Split Cali King). This opens up the market to pretty much every type of bed on the market.
Brooklyn Bedding recently made the switch away from using latex in their products. Most of the successful mattress brands are making similar changes to the materials they use, but Brooklyn Bedding’s TitanFlex is one of the more successful replacements. Latex has many benefits such as long-term durability and bounce, but it has some significant drawbacks too.
One of the most prominent negatives of latex is how warm it can get. Since Brooklyn Bedding made the switch to TitanFlex, their sleep surface has become significantly cooler when compared to other mattresses. These still aren’t going to be the coolest on the market for example when compared to cooling gel mattresses, but they’re substantially cooler than they were even a year ago. TitanFlex is said to be very durable too, which means your mattress should keep its form for many years, and without having to pay the premium for latex like in previous years.
If like me you’re a light sleeper and continually woken by your partner leaving in the morning or moving around during the night, you’ll probably want something which tackles the issue of motion transfer. A major selling point for most memory foam or hybrid mattresses is the ability to keep motion isolated to one area. Although this product range is made neither of memory foam or spring, the Brooklyn Bedding mattress is exceptional when it comes to motion isolation. When your partner moves around or gets out of bed, there’s virtually no chance of disturbance from their motion transfer.
Warranty and Trial
The warranty provided here is 10 years attached to each purchase. This warranty is in line with most mattress companies and expected from a company of this caliber, but they go one step further by offering an extended in-home trial. Instead of the 100-day trial that most retailers offer, here you’ll get a lengthy 120 days to try.
Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Alternatives
The Brooklyn Bedding mattress generally falls into the category of a traditional foam variant as opposed to latex or spring. It does everything adequately well but doesn’t have any single remarkable feature like some others. Because of this, there are a few suitable alternatives that you could potentially consider before pulling the trigger.
Brooklyn Bedding vs Leesa
The Leesa Mattress is somewhat comparable to the #BestMattressEver range. They don’t offer the same level of customization in terms of differing levels of firmness, because Leesa provides a universal adaptive feel using their Avena foam. These mattresses are probably more like the medium option with Brooklyn Bedding, which although is their best selling, it’s not the perfect fit for everyone.
One feature where Leesa really shines is with their cooling system. Leesa’s airflow is considerably better due to the way layering and innovative design has been utilized. So, if you’re used to waking up feeling too hot, then Leesa will be a worthy option to solve that problem. Of course, this benefit is going to come with a higher price point, and although Leesa mattresses are better at keeping you cool while you sleep, this isn’t a priority for everyone.
- Firmness: Leesa is comparable to the medium option from Brooklyn Bedding. If you want a more firm or soft feel, unfortunately, there is not an option for you.
- Price: Leesa is cheaper than some others on the market, but not Brooklyn Bedding. There is often a $100-off promotion going on with Leesa, but even with the discount it still costs over $100 more.
- Warranty: Both companies provide a 10-year warranty, but Brooklyn Bedding gives an additional 20 days free trial.
Brooklyn Bedding vs Tuft and Needle
Tuft and Needle is the only alternative on this list that can rival Brooklyn Bedding’s price point. Their Queen size is approximately $200 cheaper than the Queen from Brooklyn Bedding. In general, Tuft and Needle mattresses seem a bit more firm, and like Leesa don’t offer the same various selections for a more customized feel.
As for cooling, Brooklyn Bedding vs Tuft and Needle have been comparable since the former moved away from latex. Neither is going to solve your problem better than Leesa if you’re getting too sweaty at night, but Tuft and Needle’s price point makes it a bit easier to handle.
- Feel: Tuft and Needle falls on the firmer side of the medium option from Brooklyn Bedding. Still, like the other alternatives, Tuft and Needle doesn’t offer a variety of selections, only having one other mattress in their lineup known as the Mint Mattress.
- Price: The price point is one of the main features of the Brooklyn Bedding mattress range, and you could say the same for Tuft and Needle. In fact, Tuft and Needle mattresses are actually cheaper than the affordable Brooklyn Bedding mattresses.
- Warranty: Like Leesa and Brooklyn Bedding, Tuft and Needle offer a 10-year limited warranty. It has the traditional 100 day trial period while Brooklyn Bedding provides 120 days.
Brooklyn Bedding vs Ghostbed
Ghostbed is another alternative that only offers one level of firmness. If you’re leaning toward the firm model from Brooklyn Bedding, then the Ghostbed might be the alternative for which you’re looking. One element that Ghostbed does better though, is cooling, thanks to the 1.5″ of aerated latex comfort layer which rests above the 2″ of gel foam. This blend prioritizes keeping you cool while you sleep, where the other alternatives do not.
At full price, the Ghostbed is regularly around the same price as the #BestMattressEver, which is one reason why it’s a good alternative to consider. If you are interested in a bed that focuses on keeping you cool, then you might want to take a look at Ghostbed before making your decision.
- Feel: When comparing Brooklyn Bedding vs Ghostbed, you’ll find that the latter is a bit firmer than the medium Brooklyn Bedding mattress. If you like a soft mattress instead of firm, you’re probably best staying with Brooklyn Bedding.
- Cooling: Brooklyn Bedding doesn’t prioritize cooling as Ghostbed does. If you sweat a lot when sleeping, then you’ll probably want a bed that will address this problem. Ghostbed would be the winner if this were the only element.
- Price: They both fall in the same price range. If you can find one that’s on sale, it might make your selection a bit easier. At regular price, you could go either way.
- Warranty: Ghostbed offers one more day on their free trial than most mattresses at 101 days, but Brooklyn Bedding has 120. Ghostbed doubles the warranty by offering 20 years while Brooklyn Bedding only provides 10.
The #BestMattressEver is one of the most affordable and well-respected options in the space, especially when purchased using Brooklyn Bedding coupons or promo codes. There are definitely some cheaper beds out there, but none of them seem to offer any variety in the selection or the same workmanship. Beds aren’t one-size fits all solution. Different weight and sleep style will determine what each person finds more comfortable. Brooklyn Bedding offers three different types of firmness levels, to ensure that every individual has the mattress they need.
Brooklyn Bedding has been in business for over 20 years. They have a proven product and are reliable. They may not solve all the problems in the mattress world, but do provide an affordable yet high-end product with a variety of selections.
Brooklyn Bedding Mattress Ratings
- Excellent motion isolation
- Well established company
- Unrivaled customer service
- Premium quality feel for low price
- Foam is CertiPUR-US Certified
- All foam composition may be hotter than desired for some sleepers
Lindsay is a contributor and the senior editor of all content posted on this site. She is in this role due to her somewhat unrivaled expertise through previous retail experience in the mattress and bedding industry.